For People. At Home. In the Community.
We are recruiting for a Support Worker to join our Your Home programme based at Leith Walk, Edinburgh.
Our Your Home programme provides support to people aged 16+ that are transitioning out of homelessness to longer term accommodation. The team also provides support to those at risk of becoming homeless.
We offer a variety of supports, depending on what each individual person needs, we understand that everyone has had a different journey and we aim to build relationships built on trust to help people build resilience and self-worth.
What does the role look like?
• Actively practicing person-centered support planning, unconditional positive regard and taking a Psychologically Informed Environment (PIE) approach
• Sourcing referrals to the programme to ensure contract outcomes are achieved.
• Arranging and facilitating key work meeting to develop and review support plans in collaboration with the people we support to meet their individual needs
• Developing life skills with the people we support including how to maximise income, budgeting, shopping, cooking, home maintenance & repair and any other skills that aid to independence.
• Assisting the people we support in their transition from temporary accommodation to permanent housing.
• Providing advice on a range of subjects including housing options and welfare benefits.
• Advocating on behalf of those we support
• Assisting the people we support to engage and integrate into the local community and become active citizens
Full details can be found in the Job & Person Specification on our website.
What we expect from you
Our values make us who we are and define our actions and behaviours every day. We’d expect the post-holder to uphold and represent our organisation in a way that reflects our values and person-centred way of working.
Salary: SCP 19-22 (£21,427-£23,194 per annum)
What you can expect from us
We value our staff as our greatest asset and will provide the following working conditions:
• Normal working hours are 35 per week, Monday to Friday
• Your usual place of work will be Your Home, 26 Leith Walk, Edinburgh, EH6 5AA.
You are also required to work in the local community, and you will be paid travel expenses between your usual place of work and appointments undertaken in the course of your duties. Alternatively, you may also choose to work remotely from your home address
Working arrangements must be agreed with your line manager, based on the needs of the service.
Expenses are not payable for travel between your home to your usual place of work
• Annual leave entitlement of 210 hours holiday (equivalent to 6 weeks) pro rata per year in the first year rising to 280 hours (equivalent to 8 weeks) pro rata per year in the second. This includes public holidays
• You will be automatically enrolled into the People’s Pension following successful completion of your probationary period, provided you meet the auto-enrolment criteria
• Ongoing learning and development
• Wellness programmes
• Reflective practise
• Cycle to work scheme
• Buy and sell annual leave
Interested in Applying?
Visit ourwebsiteand you will be redirected to our website where you will find the full Job & Person specification and details of how to apply.
Thanks, and good luck!
Closing Date: 30th September 2022