Purpose of the Position
To work alongside the Management and staff team to lead on finance tasks, administration, office, and facilities
support and IT.
- Obtaining, filing, and processing supplier invoices
- Entering and processing invoices, expenses and other
payments into the finance system (Sage) for payment.
- Allocate payments and receipts to specific records
on the finance system
- Complete monthly checks and reconciliations of key accounts to ensure the
completeness and accuracy of all transactions on the finance system.
- Liaise with suppliers to resolve
technical or financial problems such as unpaid invoices or disputed services.
- Manage any physical petty
cash transactions where appropriate and use of payment card.
- Support Management to produce timely and
accurate management accounts to the board of trustees and for annual accounts.
- Support the Chief
Executive with financial information for grant applications and reports to funders and produce monthly
management information on restricted expenditure. Ensuring records on grants applications are maintained and
- Develop current accounting processes
- Act as a systems administrator for finance and
Office management & administration
- Support the organisation with the day-to-day office/centre management, ensuring it is a welcoming, secure, and
safe environment for staff and visitors including families the charity supports.
- Support Management and
board with the facilitation and administration of Board Meetings (6 times a year) including taking notes at
- Support Management with grant applications where appropriate, collating information and
relevant documents as necessary.
- Maintain and develop office administration systems to ensure the smooth
running of the charity and filing of management information.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills Essential
- Qualified Bookkeeper or other formal qualifications in financial management.
- Excellent financial skills
and awareness. Experience of working with Sage or similar accounting system, high levels of numeracy and close
attention to detail are essential.
- Ability to prioritise effectively to meet competing demands, through
excellent organisation, time management and relationship management skills.
- Ability to form and maintain
good working relationships with colleagues inside the organisation and others outside.
- High computer
literacy and adaptability, with experience of using Office based systems and SharePoint, Sage and Excel
particularly with the production of documents and financial reporting.
- Experience of having set up and
maintained effective administrations systems within an office.
- Ability to thrive in a small
organisation, where flexibility is key as we evolve in response to the needs of families.
- Understanding of the challenges that face families living with significant hardship due to
- Previous experience of working in a charity setting.
- Understanding of the financial
context for charities, particularly grant and other funding & the link between funding and service
Accountable To: Chief Executive Officer
Please return your completed application either by email to email@example.com or post to Recruitment –
Methilhill Community Learning Garden, Sea Road, Methilhill, KY8 2GW
Please enclose a current CV when applying
for the position.
We will acknowledge all applications received before the stated closing date and time