Through our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy, we have made a commitment to increase the diversity of our charity and we welcome candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees, volunteers and trustees to represent the broad diversity of the communities of which we are a part.
Versus Arthritis is committed to keeping children, young people and vulnerable adults safe from harm. During the recruitment process Versus Arthritis will undertake safer recruitment practices and relevant checks to ensure applicants are suitable to work with children, young people and vulnerable adults.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our regional team who are passionate about delivering high-quality services and support to people with arthritis. The role is part of our UK Delivery team within our Services and Influencing Directorate and works alongside our Scotland team. Working collaboratively with volunteers and partners, you will play a key role in delivering activities within the Central Scotland area.
About the role
Leading on delivery of our activity in the Central Scotland area, you will identify opportunities and partnerships we can deliver our support services to and through.
Supporting our committed and enthusiastic volunteers, you will lead delivery of services in communities across the area, aligned to funding conditions.
As the ‘go-to’ person for Versus Arthritis across the region, you will ensure our innovation and programmes of work are implemented locally. You will be confident in building local networks and bringing people together. We will train and support you to:
• Talk to people about their condition.
• Give people information about how they can self-manage their condition at home.
• Help people understand treatment options and support available to them from Versus Arthritis and in their local area.
This role will require willingness to travel across Scotland as required, and to attend occasional weekend events and meetings.
You will be able to:
• Commit to the Versus Arthritis values and behaviours.
• Provide excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and evidence of excellent relationship management with a wide range of stakeholders.
• Work autonomously using your own initiative, with the ability to motivate, engage with and involve volunteers and external stakeholders across the area.
• Provide sound organisational and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritise workload effectively.
• Demonstrate knowledge of safeguarding in service provision, with a proactive approach for the wellbeing of vulnerable adults and children.
Please visit our website for details of how to apply for this role.
Closing date: 23:59, Monday 10 October 2022
We advise candidates to apply early as we reserve the right to close applications ahead of the advertised date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We do not wish to receive contact from agencies or media sales.
Interview dates to be confirmed and held by Microsoft Teams.
There are 20.3 million people living with arthritis and MSK conditions in the UK. That’s one in three people, many who live in pain every single day. The impact is huge as the condition intrudes on everyday life – affecting the ability to work, care for a family, to move free from pain and to live independently. Yet arthritis is often dismissed as an inevitable part of aging or shrugged off as ‘just a bit of arthritis’. We don’t think that this is ok. Versus Arthritis is here to change that.
Join us and use your skills, knowledge, passion and energy to help us defy arthritis.
Read more about working for us.
Versus Arthritis is a Registered Charity No: 207711 and in Scotland No. SC041156