Can be located in either Edinburgh or Glasgow and with access to other Children 1st bases
Children 1st works to keep children safe, loved and well, and together with their families, whenever it is safe to do so. We offer practical, emotional, and financial support to prevent and protect children and their families from harm and to support them to recover from trauma and abuse.
Children 1st has twin aims of delivering high-quality, relationship-based services for children and families and of speaking out alongside children and families on issues that affect them. You’ll join us at an exciting time when Children 1st is piloting Scotland’s first Barnahus (Bairns Hoose) as a test, learn and develop approach and is working alongside children and families and our partner organisations to implement the recommendations set out in The Promise, the report from Scotland’s independent care review.
You will lead the policy work within a dynamic and fast-paced Directorate with the main aim of upholding children’s care, protection, justice and recovery rights. If you are highly committed, skilled and determined, we would love to hear from you.
What kind of person are we looking for?
• Someone who is fiercely passionate about children’s rights
• Someone who thinks it’s a privilege to work with and on behalf of children and families and,
• Someone who is kind and will bring their whole selves to the job: heart and mind
What kind of Policy Manager will you be?
Knowing our ambition for children, you will be someone who is:
• resilient, skilled and knowledgeable about children’s lives and influencing change
• big hearted and courageous
• able to build strong relationships and to manage the tricky conversations
• is compassionate and understanding of trauma
• a cool head and clear minded at times of pressure
• inspiring colleagues and teams to be even better
• an amazing ambassador for children and Children 1st
This is a permanent, full time role of 35 hours per week. The successful candidate can be based in Edinburgh or Glasgow and with access to other Children 1st bases.
We offer a competitive salary, 40 days annual leave inclusive of 9 days public holidays (pro rata) and flexible working opportunities.
Closing date: Monday 03 October 2022 at noon. It is anticipated that interviews will be held either 10 or 12 October 2022.
For further information and to apply, please visit children1st.org.uk/who-we-are/about-children-1st/jobs/policy-manager
Children 1st has a long tradition of valuing and involving sessional and volunteer workers. To find out more about volunteering with us, please visit our website.