Home-Start Glasgow North and North Lanarkshire is a vibrant community charity making a big impact on families in the local area. Our trained volunteers and staff help families with young children through challenging times. In Scotland, over 1500 volunteers support over 3500 families and nearly 6500 children each year through compassionate, confidential help to parents when they need us most.
The parents we support are often overwhelmed and isolated. They may be struggling with mental health, illness, disability, multiple birth, poverty, domestic abuse, separation, or trauma. We provide both 1:1 and group support to families in the community and online.
We are now looking to welcome a new Family Support Coordinator to our Glasgow team who are based in our Maryhill office. (Currently home-working due to COVID-19/hybrid working arrangement being considered).
The role is initially funded for two years.
• An understanding of the needs of children and families
• Relevant experience of working alongside families, preferably in the voluntary sector
• Good working knowledge of child protection and child development
• Experience of developing and delivering training
• Good IT skills
• The ability to supervise and support a caseload of families and volunteers
• Driving licence and own car required
This role is subject to PVG checks. For further information on this exciting role, download an application pack from our website homestartglasgownorth.org.uk, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Wednesday 27 July at 5pm