This is a key role in Glasgow and Clyde Rape Crisis Centre’s service that provides specific support and advocacy services in our justice and communities focused service. The overall aim of this post is to provide support and advocacy to survivors who are engaged, or considering engaging, with the criminal justice system following an experience of sexual violence. It is expected that the Advocacy Worker will have a strong commitment to anti discriminatory work and will be responsible to the Justice and Community Services Team Leader and Director for maintaining the working values, principles, objectives and policies of Glasgow and Clyde Rape Crisis as outlined in the organisation’s governing documents. A PVG check will be undertaken as part of the selection process. Only women need apply under Schedule 9, Part 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
• Closing date for application is noon on Friday 29th April.
• Applicants should submit a C.V. of new longer than 2 A4 pages, along with a Cover Letter outlining suitability and motivation for the role, also no longer than 2 A4 pages in length.
• These should be submitted to Claire Gilfillan via email at CGilfillan@rapecrisiscentre-glasgow.co.uk
• Interviews will be held on 17th May 2022 at 30 Bell Street, Glasgow.
• Applicants will know by Friday 6th May, if they have been invited for interview.
• As part of the interview, applicants will be asked to prepare a presentation and take part in a role play scenario. The topic and focus of these will be shared with applicants invited to interview.