The Fife Coast and Countryside Trust (FCCT) is seeking a ‘Communications Officer’ to join our dynamic and effective Support Services team. We are an organisation driven by a passion for Fife and committed to developing and delivering high quality, impact led projects for the benefit of people and nature. We believe that our people are our greatest asset and look to employ individuals who bring a positive, energetic, constructive, and committed attitude to the workplace.
Reporting to the Communications Manager, the successful candidate will support in creating engaging content for the Trust’s website, newsletters, promotional materials, and social media platforms, with a strong focus on the generation of press releases and copy for digital platforms. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a keen eye for detail, excellent communication skills in English, and the ability to work effectively as part of a close-knit team.
· Experience of working in communications, with an HND in a relevant discipline or working towards a Level 8 SQCF qualification.
· Relevant professional experience of a communications or marketing role.
· Evidence of prior published works e.g., press articles, publication features, web features etc.
· A passion for, and awareness of, using social media to communicate messages.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· First-rate planning, prioritising, and organising skills.
· Experience of maintaining CMS (Content Management System) websites.
· Experience of proof reading
· A working understanding of the media and GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
· Excellent IT skills including Microsoft packages.
This is a permanent post with contracted hours negotiable between 24-36 hours per week and can be part-time or full-time depending on the successful candidate. The annual salary for this role is from £22,018 to £24,309 pro rata. Work will be delivered over a five-day week but may include some evening and weekend work as required. Additional benefits include:
· Holiday entitlement of 24 days (rising to 29 days after the completion of 5 years of service) plus 8 days Public Holiday;
· LGPS Pension Scheme (Employer contribution 21.8%);
· Access to Cycle to Work Scheme;
· An induction and training programme;
· A Health and Wellbeing Programme;
· Access to training and professional development;
· Flexible working.
An application pack is available for download below.
Completed applications to be returned to: email@example.com
Closing date: 1st May 2022