The Policy, Research and Influencing Lead will play a key role in supporting OPFS achieve its mission – to ensure the
challenge of being both sole carer and breadwinner is recognised and to support single parent families to live
free of discrimination, judgmental attitudes and poverty to achieve their potential.
You will have a central role in OPFS policy, research and influencing work , including:
- Leading on developing strong policy recommendations across the range of issues affecting single parent families.
- Utilise research of relevance to single parent families to support OPFS’s external messaging and forward planning. Where resource allows, commission additional research.
- Developing impactful policy influencing strategies to improve the lives of single parents, by influencing the Scottish and UK Governments as well as local authorities and the general public to achieve change.
- Working collaboratively with OPFS Comm’s team and colleagues and stakeholders to disseminate OPFS policy and research activities.
- Working with OPFS Business Development team to secure funding for the organisation’s policy and research activity.
For further information and to apply please visit our
Closing Date: 20th December at 5pm
Interviews will be held in January 2022