Forth Environment Link (FEL) is a Scottish environmental charity leading the way on connecting people and place. FEL supports more day to day journeys on foot or by bike; encourages more local food to be grown and eaten in our communities; and helps increase the lifespan of our everyday items.
The following values underpin our activity as an organisation:
• People first - Investing in our team to ensure we can provide tailored support where it is needed most.
• Enabling – Delivering activity in a way that is practical, easy to understand and accessible to everyone.
• Collaborative - Ensuring we work in partnership to add value where we can.
• Innovative - Testing and developing new ideas and being a catalyst for change.
• Passionate – Demonstrating a love for the environment and our place within it in everything we do.
• Fair – Working in a way that is inclusive and reflects the needs of the people and communities we work with.
Our strategic approach reflects our ambition as an organisation and recognises the role third sector will perform in delivering national outcomes at a local and regional level.
About the Role
Forth Environment Link is looking for and experiences administrator to effectively support the delivery of the Falkirk Food Futures Project. Working as part of the wider Falkirk Food Futures team, you will be responsible for supporting the administration and delivery of the grant elements of the project, which is in the Falkirk local authority area. The purpose of the project is to work closely with communities and organisations to address food insecurity in Falkirk and build a fairer more sustainable food future.
We will do this by providing grant funding to local organisations who can reach the populations within Falkirk facing the greatest challenges, in relation to access to sustainable and dignified food. We want to help create more resilient communities with a focus on net zero outcomes around food and reuse.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is experienced in accounting, financial management, and/or administration
• Has strong planning and organisational skills
• Has excellent communication skills
• Is self-motivated and proactive
Location: As a result of the ongoing Covid pandemic, FEL currently offers a blended model of home working, office-based work and outreach activity – working patter to be agreed with line manager. Locations for outreach will include communities across Falkirk. Our main offices are Cameron House, Forthside Way, Stirling and Falkirk High Street Hub, 201A-203 High Street, Falkirk. The majority of outreach work will happen in Falkirk.
The Closing Date for applications is Midnight on Monday 13th December
Please not CVs will not be accepted as a means of application
Interviews will take place week commencing 20th December
Forth Environment Link is a registered company with charitable status.
Company No. 286 723|Scottish Charity No. SCO 019 276