About Elect Her
Elect Her works to motivate, support & equip women in all their diversity to stand for elected office in all spheres of Government, providing them with the knowledge, confidence, and skills they need to do it. We demystify the process of standing for elected office and motivate women to create action plans for standing through free workshops and online resources. We nurture networks of women supporting each other in peer support circles, facilitating space for women to share and reflect to prepare themselves for standing for office. We design training programmes to equip women with the tools they need as they prepare to stand. We create protected spaces for underrepresented women to come together to acknowledge the additional barriers they face in standing and seek solutions in unity. Increasingly we are creating women centred political literacy materials to support all women to develop their foundational understanding of how our country’s governance works for us.
Since we began our work, we have:
• Delivered workshops demystifying the process of standing for elected office to over 5000 women.
• Welcomed 500 women through our Peer Support Circles.
• Supported nearly 180 women as candidates.
• Celebrated as at least 80 of those women have been elected.
• Designed and produced Scotland’s Women Stand, a daylong event at Scottish Parliament celebrating women and their role in Scotland’s governance.
• Created regular networking space for D/deaf and disabled women in politics.
• Provided regular space for Women of Colour to come together to reflect on the additional barriers they face on the journey to elected office.
And this is just the beginning!
The purpose of this role is to support the implementation of Elect Her’s strategy in Scotland, to demystify Scotland’s democracy and support women to find their role within it. This person will work closely with the Programme team which currently comprises of a Programme Coordinator and the Director to co-create the programme of work and collaborate with the Communications Team to ensure it is promoted to the women of Scotland.
The key elements of the role are:
• Coordinate a bi-annual programme of workshops, webinars, events, and training programmes for women.
• Coordinate the development of Elect Her’s learning hub; a suite of fully accessible, women centred political literacy resources.
• Coordinate logistics for in-person events.
An application pack is available for download below.
Deadline for applications: 8.59am, 6th December 2021
First interviews will take place on 13th December, and we hope all candidates will be notified of the outcome by 16th December. We may choose to reinterview in the new year. The position remains open until filled.