INSP (International Network of Street Papers) works to alleviate poverty and build a global movement for social
change, leading and supporting a network of street paper organisations in 35 countries worldwide.
The Relationship & Fundraising Manager will lead on building relationships, developing and delivering INSP’s
fundraising strategy. It is a strategic and operational role, which will be critical to the sustainability and
financial health of our organisation.
We are looking for a candidate with drive and creativity who is willing to work with a level of autonomy, and also
able to work closely with our passionate and creative staff and board team. The candidate will lead on building
a fundraising culture for INSP and will be prepared to work with us to build the systems to manage this.
This is a unique and challenging role in a dynamic organisation. The right candidate will be able to manage multiple
moving parts and think strategically across different relationships, opportunities and networks. We are looking
for a strategic and energetic individual who shares our commitment and vision to develop the potential from
existing relationships, as well as having the ability and experience to harness and maximise the huge potential
from our international community.
As an employer committed to diversity and flexible working, we will consider a range of options for the successful
candidate, including part time, flexi-time, job sharing, compressed hours and remote working.
- Identify, develop and maintain relationships with all existing and potential individual donors, including major
- Devise and implement ways to connect and engage companies, individuals and trusts &
foundations in the difference they’re making/could make.
- Secure meetings, face to face and virtual
engagement with potential corporate partners, individual donors and trusts &
- Strategically plan events to encourage conversations with potential supporters and organise
events so attendees get the best experience and impression of INSP.
- Support the Chief Executive, and
other staff and trustees with relationship fundraising approaches, conversations and asks.
Planning and prospecting:
- Create an annual fundraising delivery plan with clear milestones and targets.
- Work with the Chief
Executive and other staff to develop and execute INSP’s fundraising strategy and build a robust fundraising
- Develop specific strategies for donor relations and cultivation, corporate sponsorships, events
- Research connections, network and identify opportunities to form new relationships
with major donors, foundations and trusts and companies.
- Implement prospecting processes.
- Develop an understanding of the key aspects of INSP’s work and be able to articulate the vision and impact of
the organisation in a clear, passionate and confident way.
- Work with team to ensure that INSP’s external
communications and online presence is optimised to encourage donor engagement.
- Act as an ambassador of
INSP at public engagements and supporter events, and where necessary, deliver speeches or presentations to a
wide range of audiences.
- Use and develop the Salesforce CRM to record, plan and analyse all major donor activity and contacts.
- Provide verbal and written reports as required and update plans where necessary.
- Adhere to the Scottish Fundraising Code of Practice and ensure that all team members are up to date with current practice.
- Ensure all data is processed within the framework of the Data Protection Act (1998) and GDPR.
Please visit our
website to apply
Closing date: 30th November 2021