Home-Start Renfrewshire & Inverclyde have an exciting opportunity for a Family Support Worker to join their
growing service in Inverclyde.
Home-Start Renfrewshire and Inverclyde promotes the welfare of families with at least one young child under 5,
helping to build strong families and prevent family breakdown. The successful candidate will be based in
Greenock. You will have similar experience in a work-related capacity together with excellent IT and
- Support families experiencing difficulties and challenges living in Inverclyde.
- Provide home visiting and outreach support for families to help them achieve emotionally healthier, less isolated, more active lives within the local community.
- Work in partnership with parents and carers to empower and enable them to achieve positive outcomes for their children.
- Encourage parents to play and engage with their children and become involved with their child’s early learning and development.
- Provide information and support for parents on a whole range of issues, signposting to specialist advice when appropriate.
- Work in partnership with other professionals/organisations working with the family to ensure the best possible outcome for parents and their children.
- Attend relevant meetings and liaise with related agencies to the benefit of families.
- To be responsible for case note recording, report writing and maintaining records.
- Undertake designated responsibilities to safeguard and promote children’s welfare as per the safeguarding policy and procedure.
For a full application pack please download the documents below and email it to
Closing date for applications is 18 November at 5pm.
Applications will only be accepted electronically.
Appointment is subject to two satisfactory references and PVG check.
Home-Start Renfrewshire and Inverclyde is committed to equality of opportunity and diversity.