Becoming part of the team at Unity!
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team at an exciting time of change and development. We are Unity and we work hard to uphold our core values of Equality, Inclusion, Respect, Honesty, Kindness, Fairness and Bravery. We expect all our people to show these values through their work and behaviour.
We believe firmly in supporting individuals and communities to achieve their potential and we welcome everyone - people are at the heart of everything we do. We offer a competitive salary, a very generous holiday allowance, including 13 public holidays.
What do we do?
Unity is a Scottish Charity, delivering support and advice to vulnerable people and families in the West of Scotland, including support for carers and people with learning disabilities.
Unity Works, looks to solidify Unity’s employability work, the new project will create a bespoke approach to supported employment, suited to clients with a range of needs and abilities. Creating a programme which creates individuals with confidence, skills and experience for the modern workplace.
All of this means that we need to work very closely with our colleagues, other teams, and other services in the city. Our collaborative approach is very much at the heart of our work.
Unity Works is a new project, and the successful applicant will have the opportunity to develop an innovative and aspiring employability program for people with additional support needs. The project should seek to promote equality and inclusion through supported employment, skills development, and training towards employment for adults. The project will engage current and new service users/clients across various Unity Projects.
You will utilise your experience in employability to lead a team and develop a framework to guide clients from cautious job seekers into their chosen career path. Building relationships with community partners and local employers to develop a list for volunteer and work experience opportunities.
You will oversee the development of the staff team, sharing your knowledge working with clients to boost their confidence and skills.
• Creating and leading on the overall strategy for Unity Works
• Representing Unity Works, and therefore Unity, at external forums as required
• Creating and developing the Unity Works brand,
• Develop relationships and create partnerships with local organisations and employers
• Designing a framework to support clients towards employment
• Working with the Senior Management Team to plan, problem solve and develop the organization
You should have a proven track record of developing and maintaining relationships with employers and clients.
Experience of working in employability and or supported employment is essential. You should also be able to demonstrate a knowledge of person-centred approach. Knowledge of working with adults with additional support needs, learning disabilities, mental health conditions or in recovery would be advantageous.
• Leadership and management experience
• The ability to work under pressure, manage workloads and juggle conflicting priorities.
• Problem solving and working in partnership with other services
• Case management
• Networking and Partnership Development
• Experience of the charity sector
• Knowledge of support services in key areas such as carers, homelessness, mental health, learning disabilities
This role is required to work across various Unity Projects. A driving license and access to a car is essential.
DEPARTMENT Unity Works
An application pack is available for download below.
Closing date: 29th October 2021