We are currently recruiting for Young People & Family Support Sessional Workers to deliver support to young people and families over the telephone. A key aspect of this service is ensuring access to support 7 days a week, 365 days a year. The role includes linking the caller into their wider support team, listening to their concerns, de-escalating situations, providing emotional containment, advice and information.
What does the role involve?
• Building relationships with young people and families via the telephone.
• Linking in with wider stakeholders including external partners, third sector providers and statutory services.
• Provide a safe and effective service to children, young people and families over the telephone.
• Controlling telephone conversations effectively and sensitively including handling distressed and confused presentations from service users. In addition, have the ability to assess the urgency of the call whilst under pressure.
• Working actively with children, young people and families assisting them to explore their circumstances, their feelings and the options open to them in line with Includem’s model of practice.
• Ensuring the young person and/or family members views and opinions are sought, listened to, understood and incorporated into the support and responses provided.
• Assessing when a child, young person or family may be at risk and follow Includem’s escalation processes.
• Assessing which resources are appropriate in response to the needs of children, young people and families.
• Liaising with the appropriate statutory or non-statutory agencies in accordance with Includem’s policy and practice.
• Be trauma aware in your communication with young people and families. Be empathetic, understanding and use a strengths based coaching approach to empower them to make safe decisions.
• Alert management support to potential risk or sensitive enquiries and understand how to appropriately maintain confidentiality and security.
• Participate in supervision and ongoing training regularly in line with Includem’s policies and procedures.
• Utilise Includem’s information systems to input information for each contact with a child, young person or family.
• Contribute to the evaluation and development of the Includem service.
• Attend and contribute to briefings and training events.
The service is delivered between 8.00am – 10.00pm with expectations of core hours between 5.00pm and 10.00pm. Must be able to work weekends and public holidays.
All posts require individuals to:
• Work flexibly to meet the needs of the young people and families
• Develop safe, professional and committed relationships with young people and families
• Use their communication skills effectively to influence, record and evidence positive change and provide personalised, risk enabled, professional support
• Become a member of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups scheme (paid for by Includem)
• To be registered or become registered with the Scottish Social Services Council and hold or be willing to work toward HNC Social Care and SVQ 3 in Social Care or equivalent (qualifications are fully funded by Includem)
We value our staff and employee benefits include:
• A full and robust training and induction programme
• Free Confidential Employee Counselling Service
• Access to Mental Health First Aiders across the organisation
• Company Mobile Phone and laptop
• Access to the Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations Credit Union
• Discounted holidays and associated benefits
• Access to discounts for charity workers which includes gym memberships, high street shops, online retailers, travel, insurance
Includem are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
If you would like more information regarding this role, please contact our HR department on 0141 212 8800 who will arrange for an informal chat with one of our managers. You can apply directly online via the includem website (includem.org).
Alternatively, you can request a pack by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our Head Office on the number above.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 19th September 2021 at midnight.
For applicants who are successfully shortlisted a group selection event will take place via video conferencing on Friday 1st October 2021. If you are successful following the group selection event individual interviews will take place on Wednesday 13th October 2021.