Mary’s Meals is a global movement supported by people from all walks of life and
we are focused on one goal – that every child receives a nutritious daily meal in a place of education. We offer
more than just a career, we offer the opportunity to support our global movement in a dynamic and inclusive
environment with a real focus on personal development.
The Director of Supporter Engagement and Income role is a vitally important
position which will oversee and propel onwards the work of three Heads of Department (Grassroots Engagement,
Major Giving and Supporter Care) and their teams. The role is absolutely crucial in providing strategic
leadership, vision and operational excellence to Mary’s Meals UK, as we seek to deliver continued income growth
in this country for the benefit of many more hungry children in some of the world’s poorest
Reporting to the Executive Director and serving as an integral member of the UK
leadership team, the Director of Support Engagement and Income will be responsible for the development and
implementation of fundraising strategies that raise awareness of Mary’s Meals in the UK, encouraging support of
the Mary’s Meals mission.
Principal duties include:
- Contributing to organisational strategy and growth as part of the leadership team.
- Developing and implementing the fundraising strategy that supports raising awareness and fundraising activities across the UK and in keeping with the existing model.
- Ensuring a regular schedule of reporting is in place to effectively use available data in guiding organisational decision making.
- Contributing to the preparation of the charity's strategic plan and the monitoring and reporting of progress against organisational goals and objectives and assisting in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Contributing to the promotion of a culture of employee engagement, training, development and empowerment to ensure job satisfaction and employee retention.
- Demonstrating, promoting and protecting Mary’s Meals values within the organisation and with external stakeholders.
- Keeping abreast of relevant developments across the sector.
- Advising the Executive Director on fundraising performance and public relations matters as required.
- Troubleshooting and developing strategies that address departmental and organisational challenges.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with colleagues, donors and partners and developing strong collaboration and support to other affiliate organisations through Mary's Meals International.
- Representing the organisation externally as required, and appropriate, as a member of Mary’s Meals leadership team.
- Establishing a positive, healthy and safe work environment in accordance with all appropriate legislation and regulations.
If you want to become part of a worldwide movement of people who will not accept
that any child in this world of plenty should endure a day without a meal, then we would love to hear from
To apply for the role of Director of Supporter Engagement and Income, please
visit our website;
Closing date: Monday 20 September 2021