Overall aim of the service:
Stramullion work with women who have presented homeless. We provide practical, emotional and social support to women with multiple, over-lapping needs. We work with young women who are in transition from care, women who do not currently have functioning support systems, those who have experienced the Justice System, and those for whom alcohol or drug use has become unmanageable. We offer support to enable each woman to build the personal skills and resources they feel they need – equipping them to move on from homelessness in a positive, healthy and self-directed way.
Overall purpose of job
• To provide a holistic support and resettlement service to clients
• To work as part of a multi-disciplinary team providing an effective service to the client group
• To work in a sensitive, flexible and non-judgmental way and within an equal opportunities’ framework
• To achieve key outcomes of the service
• To participate in effective teamwork and establish good channels of Communication to all local organisations
Please note: only female candidates are eligible to apply for this post due to Genuine Occupational Requirement (Schedule 9; Equality Act 2010).
Rowan Alba Ltd is a Scottish Charity supporting homeless and vulnerable individuals towards a more stable life.
An application pack is available for download below.
If you are interested in the post and would like to apply, please complete the application form and email to Kirsten Shuttleworth on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, CVs will not be accepted.
If you have any questions regarding the post, please contact Kirsten on above email or phone us on 0131 229 7554.
If you are interested in sessional work, please also contact Kirsten on the above email.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact email@example.com
The successful candidate will be subject to a PVG and reference check.