Do you share our commitment to supporting positive change in people’s lives?
Ypeople has over 200 staff and volunteers, and supports hundreds of people every day in our homelessness, young
people’s wellbeing and out of school care services.
We are recruiting for a Young person and Volunteer Coordinator
to work within our Intandem Mentoring Service, to co-ordinate and oversee the effective delivery of a high-quality
mentoring service for care experienced children and young people, within the Glasgow and North Lanarkshire
How you will make a difference:
- Develop positive, respectful and compassionate relationships with service users and their families, focusing on
their strengths and aspirations as individuals.
- Develop positive and supportive relationships with your
team of volunteers.
- Develop strong working partnerships with schools and social work
What you will bring:
- Personal values aligned with Ypeople’s core values
- SVQ Level 3 or HNC level or equivalent (or willing to
- Understanding of current relevant legislation and policies relating to children and young
- Awareness of the issues facing young people who are care-experienced
How we will support you:
- Competitive salary, company pension, childcare vouchers, life assurance
- Generous annual leave entitlement (6 weeks in the first year rising to 8 weeks from the second)
- Excellent development opportunities (access to varied training and qualifications)
For further information and to apply go to: https://www.ypeople.org.uk/vacancy/young-person-volunteer-co-ordinator/
Closing Date: 5pm on 24 September 2019
Interview Date: 1 October 2019