Responsible to: Board of Directors
Purpose and outcomes
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is the public face, leader, and ambassador of PKAVS.
You’ll be the driving force of the organisation, sharing our work and building meaningful relationships with our valued stakeholders including Third Sector Chief Executives, the CEO and Executive Team at Perth & Kinross Council, NHS, Funders who support our organisations in Perth and Kinross and other key partners.
You’ll have a real passion for people and for seeking out, creating, and maintaining strategic collaborative relationships. You’ll be inspiring, and self-motivated with the ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of audiences to provide vision, deliver results, and act as an ambassador for the values of both the organisation and the broader third sector.
You will be a strong, experienced leader with true belief in people-first strategies, an effective communicator with a proven track record of leadership, strategic development, finance and funding and delivery of the organisation’s goals and objectives.
Our strategic themes
You’ll lead the organisation through an exciting period of change and deliver on our five key strategic themes:
1. People & Culture – Continue to establish PKAVS as a great place to work, where morale is high, and operates in a culture of openness and trust.
2. Service Excellence – Align our services with PKAVS charitable aims and strategic priorities, ensuring that roles and responsibilities are clear and that our services are delivered to a high standard, meeting our impact goals.
3. Finance & Funding – Manage our budgets, bringing new funding streams into the organisation, ensuring we have a financially viable and sustainable organisation.
4. Board, Governance & Risk – Provide the Board with the right information to govern the organisation and ensure it is meeting its charitable aims. Support the Board to build their skills and experience and managing organisational risks.
5. Brand, Reputation and Communication – Raise awareness of our work and ensure that the PKAVS brand is known, has a positive reputation and internal and external stakeholders are clear on who we are, what we do and how we do it. Also, that our communications are consistent and concise.
PKAVS is a charitable organisation that serves the community of Perth & Kinross by offering five community-led services supported by a team of 70 colleagues and up to 100 volunteers.
Our vision: A Perth and Kinross where people flourish, and communities thrive.
We operate across five locations in Perth & Kinross under our service banners which include Carers PKAVS, the Gateway TSI, Walled Garden + Wise Craft PKAVS and Shopmobility PKAVS.
We offer these varied social care and welfare services as well as support and advocacy to the dynamic third sector in Perth and Kinross.
Carers PKAVS is our largest service. We provide support and respite care to unpaid carers aged 5+ across Perth & Kinross at our Carers Centre in Lewis Place Perth.
The Third Sector Interface is administered by PKAVS on behalf of the Scottish Government and provides four crucial support streams to the third sector in Perth & Kinross from the Gateway in Perth
The Gateway is our Third Sector Hub in the centre of Perth. We provide shared office accommodation, meeting places and enjoyable workspaces that enable the third sector in Perth & Kinross to collaborate and communicate together.
Walled Garden + Wise Craft PKAVS - provides therapeutic support and engagement activities that serve to improve the mental health and well-being of the people of Perth & Kinross from their two locations at the Walled Garden & Cafe in Perth and at our Wise craft Workshop in Blairgowrie.
Shopmobility PKAVS promotes independence in the community by providing mobility support equipment from its purpose built Shopmobility hub in Perth's Canal St car park.
The benefits of working at PKAVS
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer the following:
We want to move quickly to find the best person for this crucial role and have set out the following plan and dates for our selection process:
Closing date for applications: 31st May 2023
Interviews will be held on the following dates: 1st stage - 8th of June 2023 (morning) and 2nd stage - 16th of June 2023 (afternoon)
If you would like to arrange an appointment for a chat with Caroline McKenna, Interim Chief Executive Officer to understand more about PKAVS and this position, please email email@example.com
Please access an application pack from our website Chief Executive Officer | PKAVS or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
An offer of employment is conditional upon satisfactory references, and eligibility to work in the UK.
To ensure that our shortlisting process is fair and consistent we require all candidates to complete an application form.
PKAVS is an Equal Opportunities employer.