If you are passionate about engaging with communities to support people during difficult times in their life and have
experience of leading a team of people to do just that, then this might be the job you have been waiting
Our vibrant and busy service in North West Glasgow provides support to people concerned about their own or someone
else's alcohol or drug use. We have a service base in Maryhill but much of our work is carried out in the
local community. We work with people at all stages on their journey providing both one to one appointments and
We are looking for a motivated, experienced and hard-working Community Engagement Coordinator to join our thriving
and diverse team, ensuring recovery opportunities are available for individuals at any point in their recovery
journey. You will strive to work collaboratively with partners and communities, ensuring that we are as
accessible as possible and that the principles of a Recovery Oriented System of Care and true person centred
practice are at the heart of all that we do. You will promote We Are With You Community Engagement Projects
involving Project Volunteers, Recovery Champions, Peer Mentors and the wider community. You will recruit, train,
supervise and support members of the team to ensure an excellent service is provided
About the job
You will have responsiblity for recruiting, training, managing and making the very best use of our volunteers
including Recovery Champions, Students, Peer Mentors and Peer Supporters across the services you support.
To get the most from our volunteers you will understand where they can offer most value, whether that is working
within our own services or supporting local partner agencies. You will represent your team's aims and
objectives across our organisation, working with other specialist areas to secure funding for your work and
promote your successes.
Researching, designing and delivering training to our volunteers is a really important part of this role too,
ensuring they have the skills and knowledge needed to deliver what we ask of them.
To be able to carry out this job successfully you will:
- hold a Volunteer Management Qualification (or commitment to complete one within 18 months) or SQV Level 3 in
Social Services & Healthcare or equivalent
- hold a training qualification and experience of designing
and delivering training
- have experience of working in health or social care for a minimum of 2
- be a successful team manager, able to develop people to acheive their goals
experience of working in partnership with a range of statutory and non-statutory agencies
- have a
knowledge and understanding of health and safety and managing high risk situations
- have an understanding
of the issues facing those who misuse substances, the harm these can cause and the treatment
- be able to work under pressure and prioritise, even when faced with conflicting
- be able to work effectively in a team and build successful working relationships, using the
network you have built to support your work
- be able to travel to visit With You sites when
- have good written and oral communication skills
- be comfortable using IT packages and
This role requires a satisfactory enhanced DBS certificate.
A full job description is available upon request
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Everyone should feel comfortable getting the support they need for issues with drugs, alcohol or mental health.
At We Are With You we work with people on their own goals, whether that’s staying safe and healthy, making small
changes or stopping an unwanted habit altogether. We give people support in a way that’s right for them either
face to face in their local service, community or online.
We provide a free and confidential service without judgement to more than 100,000 people a year.
We use our expertise to improve the help available and raise awareness around drugs, alcohol and mental health so
that more people can get support.
We Are With You.
As an organisation, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports and celebrates the diverse
voices and experiences of our staff. We know that representing the communities we serve is key to us meeting our
goals of radically improving people's lives. We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring and we
encourage people from underrepresented communities and backgrounds to apply to join our team, including people
with lived experience, people with disabilities, people from racialised communities, LGBTQ+ people and armed
As part of our commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant we provide a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates that
are veterans and meet all the essential criteria for a role. With You is also Disability Confident Committed and
we offer a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with a disability and meet all the essential criteria for
If you have a disability, a learning difficulty such as dyslexia or a medical condition which you believe may affect
your performance during any aspect of our selection process, we’ll be happy to make reasonable adjustments to
enable you to perform at your best.
- Competitive salary
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays (change holiday entitlement where required)
- 2 days paid volunteer leave per year
- Auto-enrollment into We Are With You’s pension scheme
- Access to a Blue Light Card - giving you great savings on big high-street and online brands
- Flexible working opportunities and access to a range of services and resources to support you with your wellbeing
- We have an excellent Refer a Friend scheme which offers you a £500 bonus for any recommendations, any role! Our scheme allows you to recommend your friends and family to work with us and earn a £500 bonus payment for every successful referral you make. Please note, the Refer a Friend scheme is only applicable if your recommended friend completes their 6 months probation period