EMMS International is a non-denominational Christian non-governmental organisation (NGO) that works with partners in Malawi, India, and Nepal to improve health and healthcare there. We are now looking for a Director of Finance to take overall control and responsibility for all aspects of the finances, IT and property of the charity. As a member of the Leadership Team, you will play a key role in developing strategy.
This is a remote-working role with occasional travel to meet colleagues and trustees, likely in Edinburgh. You will be working 35 hours per week over 5 days, but 28 days per week over 4 days can be considered.
As Director of Finance at EMMS International, your responsibilities will include:
• Working with the CEO, Director of Fundraising and Board of Trustees to develop the strategy of the Charity and to define the path for sustainability and development of the organisation, ensuring particular consideration of financial evidence and analysis.
• Developing, refining and monitoring financial budgets and driving performance to maximise the impact of the charity in partnership with the Finance, Audit & Investment Committee
• Working with the Director of International Programmes and the Director of Fundraising to provide financial analyses to support their planning and decision-making.
• Leading on regulatory requirements in relation to year-end financial responsibilities and audit, Companies House, OSCR and data protection.
• Leading on contract negotiation and management with our main suppliers.
At EMMS International, we are looking for a Finance Director who has the following skills and experiences:
• Qualified accountant, member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification.
• Commercially astute, articulate and technically strong with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
• Excellent communication skills at all levels.
• Strong experience of charity finances.
• Ability to handle pressure and make effective decisions.
• High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
• Ability to travel abroad as required up to a maximum of 5 to 6 weeks in any given year.
Our staff team is a group of people with diverse skills and backgrounds, at diverse places on their faith journey, who support, complement, respect, value and encourage each other, in democratic, inclusive, accepting, open, equal, and supportive manner. It is desirable that the post-holder is part of a church community.
To apply for this role as Director of Finance, please send an updated copy of your CV to EMMS@Identify-HR.com