Perth and Kinross Association of Voluntary Service (PKAVS) is a charity in Perth & Kinross where enhancing lives
and connecting communities is our mission. We provide a diverse range of services including support for Carers,
Mental Well-being, Minority Communities, Third Sector Support and Volunteering. Every year PKAVS enhances the
lives of over 5000 local people, helping them to overcome barriers and achieve their goals.
PKAVS Carers Hub supports unpaid carers of all ages who are living in Perth & Kinross and caring for family,
partners, friends, or neighbours. Our trained support workers and volunteers help over 1500 adult carers retain
a life outside of caring and develop skills or interests to enhance their own lives. PKAVS Carers Hub uses a
holistic approach in working with people who have caring responsibilities and their families to assess and plan
support. Support can include access to training, respite services, information & advice, and support
The Hub is available virtually through a multi-agency website and locally, through carers support staff working in
localities in Perth & Kinross. PKAVS carers support staff will work as part of a health & social care
partnership approach with health and social care colleagues who support complex care in a community
The Young Carers Service offers information, advice and support to young people and works in partnership with other
agencies to deliver a range of activities that enable children with caring responsibilities to be
We are looking for a highly motivated person to work within a small, supportive, and dynamic team striving to
recognise and enhance the potential of young people. Whilst a relevant qualification is desirable, experience of
working with and being able to engage directly with young people and their families is an essential element of
You will be involved in developing and delivering a range of group activities and programmes for Young Carers between
the ages of 5-18 years. You will be responsible for the planning, preparation, and evaluation of all
You must have a flexible approach, working in collaboration with team members, volunteers, and external agencies in
developing and participating in a range of activities and services delivered during school holidays, in the
evenings and on weekends for Young Carers.
- To identify the respite needs of Young Carers of all ages and across all localities.
- To improve
accessibility to respite and personal development opportunities for Young Carers across all localities of Perth
- To develop and deliver an annual programme of respite and development activities to
alleviate the impact of caring and improve outcomes for Young Carers.
- To improve the coordination and
promotion of information about respite for Young Carers.
- To secure funding in support of the annual
- To support the recruitment and supervision of sessional staff and
- To manage budgets in relation to respite programmes.
The Benefits of Working at PKAVS are:
- The opportunity to be part of the next exciting chapter in PKAVS history and to work with a highly skilled
- Personal development and opportunities that will help you achieve your career
- A working environment that is designed to make it as easier for you to balance your home
life and deliver effectively in your working life.
- A generous salary that values your skills, knowledge,
- Auto-enrolment into our Pension scheme.
- 6.8 weeks of annual leave (pro-rata)
which increases according to your length of service.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme.
Assistance Programme that offers 24/7 advice and listening for all your support needs.
Offers will be made subject to satisfactory references, PVG check, and eligibility to work in the UK.