A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join the board of our progressive Charity with a proven track record of success. We play a pivotal role across Renfrewshire hiring free and low cost mobility scooters and wheelchairs to our members. We also operate a small repairs and maintenance service and currently developing social enterprise initiatives. We welcome new innovative approaches to help us develop.
Main Purpose of Role
Provide a robust Secretarial Support to Shopmobility Paisley and District, working as part of a cohesive team.
1. Commitment to the work of Shopmobility Paisley and District.
2. Willingness to serve on a sub committee for specific projects should this be required.
3. Attendance at Board Meetings.
4. A time commitment of five hours per month (includes board preparation, contribution / updating at meetings, committee and meeting time).
5. Attendance at Annual General Meeting (AGM).
6. Prepare for and participate in the discussions and the deliberations of the board.
7. Foster a positive working relationship with other board members, staff and volunteers.
8. Adhere to the code of conduct, policies and procedures.
1. Keep the minutes of each board meeting, monitoring and verifying their accuracy and actions, and circulate to all board members and staff.
2. Lodge annual financial accounts in conjunction with our Chartered Accountant, ensuring timescales are met.
3. Notify relevant authorities of change of officers.
4. Provide notice for the convening of all general meetings, AGM and extraordinary meetings.
1. Excellent communication skills.
2. Ability to work as part of a team, and, on own initiative.
3. Empathy for those with mobility and disability issues.
4. A flexible and problem solving approach and commitment to the role.
An application pack is available for download below.
Closing date: 31st March