Are you looking to kickstart your career in fundraising and communications? Can you inspire and build relationships
with a range of different people? Do you want to use your skills and passion for social justice to help Carr
Gomm stomp out loneliness and isolation across Scotland?
Then this is the role for you.
Carr Gomm is looking for a Fundraising and Communications Officer who can articulate the impact of Carr Gomm’s work
and play a key role in fundraising to help us achieve even more. Your work will help bring people together,
strengthen communities and transform lives.
In this strategically important role, you’ll have the opportunity to develop our 25th Birthday Celebrations
fundraising plan, build engagement with existing and new supporters, and have the space to be creative with our
events and community fundraising, utilising multiple social media platforms. You will be an excellent
relationship builder, comfortable with targets, and confident managing multiple projects.
This is an excellent opportunity for a graduate or entry-level professional, who would value the opportunity to
develop their skills and bring fresh perspective and ideas to our team. Working within our Business Development
Team, you will gain a first-hand experience across a range of functions. We will help you to develop in your
career and achieve your goals, with commitment to your professional development.
Why work for Carr Gomm? Our benefits are…..
- Annual salary starting at £21,229 and increasing to £23,275 based on service
- 35 days’ holiday per
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and sick leave
- A Defined Contribution pension
scheme, with incremental employer contributions
- Membership to Lifeworks; employee well-being and perks
- Membership of a credit union
- Cycle to work and childcare voucher
- Discounts with leading hotels and gyms
Essential skills and experience
- Qualified to degree level or have demonstrative experience of teamwork, analysis and working to time
- Experience of working in a fundraising or communications role in either voluntary or paid
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Positive attitude and a friendly, approachable
manner with a desire to grow connections.
- Willingness to carry out any other ad hoc duties as
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience of event management
- Proven experience of growing fundraised income.
- Donorfy or
similar CRM experience
- Knowledge of third sector and social care sector
- Knowledge of GDPR and
Click here to find out about our commitment to data