An incredibly exciting opportunity has arisen within Ayrshire Cancer Support for a qualified and experienced
Counselling Practitioner to deliver high quality emotional, social and practical support to adults, young people
and their families who are affected by cancer.
Our vision is to deliver a person centred, accessible wellbeing service, with a holistic approach, providing support
to meet the needs of adults and young people affected by cancer, through their own diagnosis or that of a
significant person in their life.
A knowledge of the impact of cancer on families, together with the experience and confidence to undertake work with
adults and young people is essential.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Develop relationships with individuals in order to understand and assess their needs in terms of cancer support.
- Undertake specific counselling work with adults, young people and their families.
- Provide person centred approach
- Deliver interventions on a one to one basis or in a group setting.
- Facilitate family events and workshops.
- Deliver interventions which empower individuals, support them to become more resilient and promotes positive emotional wellbeing
- Work with Health, Education, Social Care and other professionals as required.
- Maintain effective records and casework notes in accordance with Ayrshire Cancer Support policy, and professional good practice and guidelines.
- Signpost individuals to appropriate community resources
- Evaluate service delivery/effectively measure outcomes.
- Maintain open and honest communication with the individuals you support, your colleagues and partner agencies.
- Promote equality, diversity and inclusion in all the work we do.
- Take responsibility for your own professional & personal development through performance and development reviews and attending relevant training.
- Attend team meetings, therapeutic meetings and supervision as appropriate.
- Ensure that all relevant codes of practice and regulations are upheld.
- Support the fundraising team with funding proposals and reporting for evaluation purposes.
- Work as part of a team and support colleagues in other functions within Ayrshire Cancer Support as required in order to deliver business objectives.
- Ensure that all duties are carried out within Ayrshire Cancer Support’s policies and procedures.
- Carry out other duties commensurate with the position/team as requested.
The deadline for applications is Thursday 15th December 2022.
To apply, please request an Application Form from HR@ayrshirecs.org
If you would like to discuss the role or the option to explore part time working, please contact Louise Graham,
Director of Services by telephoning 01563 538008.