Entrepreneurship and enterprise are widely thought to be a major driver for economic growth, job creation and wider community development – three things that are essential for Scotland to flourish as a nation.
Young people need to be prepared for a world that is changing rapidly. Many of the jobs they will do when they leave school do not yet exist and they will probably have several jobs during their lifetime. They need to have the skills and attitudes to cope with an unpredictable future, to be able to deal with setbacks and disappointments in a positive way,
and to continue to learn for the rest of their lives. This is one of the key reasons why Scotland’s Enterprising Schools was
Since our launch in 2015, we have developed a strategic vision to lead and support the drive to build capacity among teaching practitioners to develop their learning, knowledge, skills and practice, enabling them to use enterprise education as a valuable route for enhanced learning and working.
Based on the values of mutual professional trust and honesty, we are working to challenge and support the professional capital of all teachers through the development and delivery of challenging and practical learning opportunities and
mentoring support across all 32 of Scotland’s local authorities.
We are recruiting a Programme Executive to help support our vision, mission and aims.
Core Purpose of the Role:
• To support effective delivery of the SES Project, operating within the early years, primary, secondary, ASN education sectors and Initial Teacher Education training providers in Scotland to the expected standards, matching the Programme Objectives.
• To support the Project Manager to continually enhance= Enterprise Education provision by promoting it to education practitioners through training sessions and at events throughout the year.
• To develop new resources and innovative ways to continually develop the SES offering.
A Recruitment Pack is available for download below.
• Deadline for applications by 5pm on Monday 10th October 2022
• Candidates short-listed and informed by Friday 14th October 2022
• Interviews: W/C 24th October