At Action for Children, we believe that every child should have a safe and happy childhood.
We're committed to ensuring that every child is given the opportunity to thrive. We protect and support
vulnerable children, young people, and their families by giving them the practical and emotional care and
support they need.
Last year, we helped more than 600,000 children and families across the UK. We work to ensure their voices are heard,
and campaign to bring lasting change to their lives.
About the role
As Bid Manager you will provide overall professional management and direct production of bids/proposals for
strategic, high value, complex bids as well as for smaller bids, applying a detailed understanding of the needs
of Children's Services and their commissioners, into customer centric differentiated win strategies, to
achieve annually set income targets,
In the role of Bid Manager, you'll be:
- Delivering against annual income and win rate targets
- Take responsibility for the end-to-end bid
production process including writing
- Planning, leading, and delivering bids/proposals, clarifications,
interviews, and presentations
- You will manage all aspects of proposals and tenders, leading the
development and delivery of bids, working to tight deadlines
- Working in a very busy team you will be
managing multiple bids of different sizes, working with service teams all over Scotland from Highlands to
- Developing content, writing and conducting research for bids, with technical input and review
to ensure high quality tender submissions that are consistent
- Identifying and building partnerships with
other providers and/or community partners to deliver differentiated win solutions through proactive account
management with key customers
- Identifying and managing bid opportunities through the bid pipeline
ensuring data on all tenders are complete and up to date, using Salesforce and other relevant
- Proactively prospect with commissioners, partners, and other stakeholders to win and grow
business, including progressing initiatives by facilitating and leading kick-off meetings, strategy development
sessions and other key meetings
The job description for the role outlines the requirements but the ‘must-haves' are:
- Experience of successful bid management and bid production - from identification through to submission and track
record in retaining and winning business through successful tendering
- You will be a skilled writer,
communicating ideas effectively on paper with an ability to analyse large volumes of information to develop
clear and compelling responses to tenders.
- Demonstrable communication skills – both written and verbal,
to articulate and translate complex strategies, ideas, and models into compelling, well-evidenced written
- The ability to develop and maintain effective networks, relationships, partnerships, and
alliances both internal and external to support business opportunities
- Experience of producing business
cases and recommendations to inform decision-making
- Experience of working within a challenging,
competitive external environment
- Experience of public sector commissioning and problem-solving,
particularly from a third sector and/or social care perspective
- Experience of Children's Services,
Social Care and working within the VCS is desirable
Working here is so much more than a job. Whether this is a career change for you or the next step in your journey,
we'd love to hear from you.
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected
to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.
To find out more and to apply, please visit our website.