This role is key to driving forward our ambitious and highly successful annual fundraising campaigns. From our first ever Sleep in the Park event in 2017 to last year’s Break the Cycle and Festival of Kindness campaigns, this role is pivotal to the delivery and success of large-scale events working closely with all teams across the organisation to make each event a resounding success. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to bring together your creative and strategic thinking to help shape the growth and impact of a ground-breaking organisation as we embark on the next steps towards our vision.
We’re looking for someone who is creative, enthusiastic, highly collaborative, positive and solutions focussed. You will have a track history of leading successful campaigns and thrive in a high-pressured environment. The ideal candidate will enjoy:
• Making a difference – each campaign provides significant funds to support the mission of homelessness and has direct tangible impact on the people we support.
• Making it happen – using problem-solving skills and a can-do attitude to get things ‘over the line’ while maintaining the highest professional standard with great attention to detail.
• Building excellent internal and external relationships, working with colleagues and third parties to meet campaign targets and maximise engagement.
• Both the big picture and the finer details.
• Planning, evaluating and reporting – continually building on success by leading meetings and processes for thinking ahead, capturing insights and learnings, implementing improvements and so on.
This position will report into the Head of Individual Giving & Marketing, working closely day-to-day with the Senior Campaigns and Fundraising Executive, and the wider Fundraising and Marcomms team. You will also liaise regularly with our co-Founder and others in the Exec leadership team for strategic input and progress reporting.
About Social Bite
Our vision is a society where no one should have to be homeless.
We are a charity and social business providing homes, jobs, food, and support to empower people to transform their own lives. We challenge the status quo by pioneering solutions that create lasting change.
We began as a small sandwich shop in Edinburgh in 2012, offering jobs and free food to people affected by homelessness. We’re now expanding our projects across the UK, on a collaborative mission – a movement to end homelessness.
We help people break the cycle of homelessness through innovative supported employment programmes (Jobs First) and housing solutions (Social Bite Villages) and give out over 250,000 items of free food year-round through our coffee shops (across Scotland and in London) and community networks.
We build lasting relationships, as we believe that through positive connections people can transform their lives. We use food, homes, and jobs as tools of engagement that can enable everyone to reach their potential. Our national and global campaigns have shifted the cultural dial on homelessness and our work has been championed by George Clooney, Leonardo DiCaprio, Sir Chris Hoy and the Princess of Wales. A number of our team have been homeless themselves.
Thank you for your interest in this role! We’d love you to apply.
Application process: please send your CV and a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on Friday 9th June 2023.