Scottish Autism is an organisation dedicated to enriching the lives of people with autism.
We exist to help those diagnosed with autism to lead full and enriched lives and become valuable members of the community they live in.
We also seek to share our knowledge and expertise with parents, carers and other professionals in order to support the development of skills and strategies needed to provide the best care and support for people with autism.
With a head office in Alloa and over 900 staff working across Scotland, we offer a large range of services for people with autism including education, day and vocational opportunities, supported living, outreach, respite and specialist transition support.
We have full time, part time and casual opportunities at present for Support Workers within our Lothian service, we are looking for applications from people who are looking for a role which:
- Makes a positive impact on people’s lives
- Provides a safe and nurturing environment for individuals with Autism
- Allows you to use your skills & talents to enrich people’s lives, helping them to achieve their goals
- Offers a challenge and isn’t your average desk based, office job
- Empowers individuals to develop their talents
- Enables individuals with Autism to engage with their local communities
We will offer you:
- A competitive salary from (£8.75 per hour + additional payments for overtime, sleepovers and waking night shifts)
- Defined benefits pension scheme
- 32 days holiday (which increases with your length of service)
- HSF Health Cash Plan, for a monthly premium (from £7.75) you & your family can claim back expenses for dental, optical and other health care expenses
- Employee Benefits offering discounts to High Street Shops, Cinemas and Gym Memberships
- Sector leading training from day one including fully funded support to complete your necessary SVQ Level 3
- The opportunity to be part of one of the leading innovators in Autism Practice in the UK
Experience isn’t necessary due to the training we offer, however we need people who share the following values with Scottish Autism:
- Team work
- Flexibility – we need staff who can work flexibly over 7 days
Although experience is not a necessity, the ability to join the PVG scheme, or undergo a PVG scheme update is a condition for employment with Scottish Autism.
For the Haddington service it is essential you are a driver with a full clean licence. For other services it would be preferable if you are a driver, although this is not a necessity for all roles.
For further information and to apply go to: scottishautism.org/about-us/work-us/current-vacancies
Closing Date: Monday 15th April 2019
Registered charity number is SC009068