It is a diverse role requiring a range of skills and qualities to ensure the longer-term sustainability of Collydean Community Centre.
The main role of the Centre Manager is to achieve an increase in hall bookings and activities and help to ensure the long-term financial sustainability of the Centre as a result. Core duties include:
· to monitor and promote usage and activity programmes
· research, compile and complete applications for local & national funding
· to meet regularly with customers to discuss their needs and feedback
· to oversee the Centre’s upkeep and maintenance;
· to administer and control the financial activities of the charity
This position requires an enthusiastic, creative individual to support the successful operation of the Centre. You will have the required drive, passion and determination to help the Centre deliver specified outputs, maximising the use of the Centre to achieve a range of outcomes for the local community. You will be able to demonstrate relevant management experience and have a successful track record of delivering quality outputs. Relevant experience of the voluntary/ community development sectors would be beneficial. Supporting the development of sustainable income streams through creative use of the available space is also a requirement of the post. Specifically, the role will include:
· Monitoring and delivering agreed project outcomes/ milestones and report regularly to funders/ stakeholders, ensuring quality and impact is measured appropriately.
· Initiating activities and programmes which promote the Centre and increase usage.
· Monitoring facility use and activities/ services offered to ensure consistency and quality is maintained.
· Consulting regularly with Centre customers and the wider community and react to the diverse and changing needs of our users
· Initiating a cyclical maintenance programme and establish an appropriate budget for short, medium and longer-term investment.
· Establishing appropriate management systems to ensure smooth operation of the facility on a day to day basis.
· Line management and supervision of all staff members
· Strengthening and supporting the Centre’s growing volunteer base.
· Reporting on a monthly basis to the Board of Management
The Centre Manager will be directed by and work closely with the Centre’s Board of Management, with whom ultimate responsibility for the Centre lies. Given the nature of the post you will be subject to a PVG application.
Please contact Fife Voluntary Action, Caledonia House, Pentland Park, Glenrothes KY6 2AQ for an application pack by telephoning 0800 389 6046 or download below.
Closing date: Monday 1st April 2019, 12 noon