We’re looking for a dynamic, goal focused individual who will be responsible for creating a major step change in our
association’s strategy, structure & income.
Bellshill and Mossend YMCA is a leading edge and award-winning community charity committed to working in partnership
with our community – especially with young and/or marginalised members of society. We provide support and
quality programmes aimed at social, physical and spiritual development.
The ideal candidate will need to provide effective leadership, management, administration and development of the
activities of the Association. To also ensure the Associations’ activities are legally complaint.
The Association Manager will have line management responsibility for the Youth Work Team and the
Administration/Facilities Team (based in our Main Street building) and the Childcare Manager (based in our
Liberty Road building).
Key Outputs Include:
- To oversee and manage the Association’s operation, including the efficient conduct of financial, operation,
human resources and information management.
- To lead the strategic development of the Association in line
with the aims and objectives, values and policies of the Association; to undertake strategic analysis of the
internal and external environment, including the assessment of stakeholder interests and needs.
service the Board and sub-committee meetings, in liaison with the Chair, and advise the Board on strategy,
legal, financial, staffing, constitutional and procedural matters.
- To ensure that all programmes,
services and products are planned to maximize the benefits of the operations to all stakeholders, within both
the local and wider community.
- To cultivate a culture of continuous improvement in the way the
Association operates, and to promote a community spirit and Christian values.
- To direct the
Association’s funding applications, meeting with funders and contract managers as appropriate; to develop
fundraising opportunities, ensure adequate resourcing etc.
- To develop partnerships with voluntary,
statutory, commercial and other relevant organisations, including local churches.
- To represent the
Association in key forums within the area relating to childcare, youth work and community work and to promote
the work of the Association within the wider community.
- To ensure that the reporting/management
requirements of YMCA Scotland are complied with, and to ensure that the Association is represented regionally
and nationally, including participation in forums which support the development of the YMCA
- Develop strong positive relationships with senior members of staff, subordinates, Board of
Directors and internal and external customers.
- Substantial experience of Youth Work, Community Work and Services
- Charity Law and S.O.R.P. guidelines
- The needs and an understanding of young people
- The Protection of Children Scotland Act 2003
- People and management experience
- Proven team building and leadership skills
- Strategic management and development skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to develop personal relationships with a range of organisations, partners and funders
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Commitment to the Christian Aims and purposes on the YMCA
Closing date: 5th April 2019
CVs and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org