Corbenic Camphill Community was established in 1978 situated in Strathbraan in Perthshire, 4 miles from the town of
Dunkeld. Comprising of 120 people which includes 38 adults with learning difficulties, volunteers and employees.
Within the Community there are 7 households, each with 6 adults with learning disabilities, 2 house
co-ordinators and 5 co-workers. We have a variety of Therapeutic Workshops such as bakery, craft, pottery,
woodwork, biodynamic gardening, candle-making, estate work, and a farm.
We are looking for an individual to be responsible for the wellbeing and development of residents, the day to day
running of the household and to take an active interest in issues regarding the whole community. These 2 posts
are for different houses within the community.
- To be responsible for the safety and welfare of all living and working in the household.
- To support and
supervise the foundation students living and working in the household.
- To co-ordinate the daily living
arrangements in the household and to ensure that all aspects of the care provided in the household comply with
the standards agreed by the Community in accordance with best professional residential care practice.
be responsible for the management of the finances of the household and, as appropriate, to assist residents in
the handling of their money.
- To liaise with workshop leaders to ensure that individuals’ needs are met
within their work environment.
- To identify and ensure that the training needs of foundation students are
- To uphold and contribute to the social/therapeutic impulse, as part of the Camphill philosophy. To
be present and actively participate in the annual festivals.
- Experience of care or support is a minimum requirement.
- Care qualifications at SVQ level 2, SVQ Level 3 or equivalent or alternatively being committed to training for this qualification.
Closing Date for Applications 8th April 2019
For further details and application forms please email Emma Close at email@example.com
01350 723206 / corbeniccamphill.co.uk