Myeloma UK is the only organisation in the UK dealing exclusively with myeloma – the second most common form of blood cancer. It originates in the bone marrow and currently affects around 17,500 people in the UK. Whilst treatable, myeloma is not yet curable.
Our ultimate goal is to find a cure. We are dedicated to ensuring that patients get access to the right treatment at the right time, and to improving standards of treatment and care through research, education and awareness raising. We also provide a range of information and support services to patients, family and friends to help deal with a diagnosis of myeloma.
About the role
You will be part of a busy Finance Team, carrying out day to day processing of all accounting data, including income and expenditure, and operational control procedures, enabling the team to provide a first class finance service.
Your main responsibilities will include:
· Processing daily banking, ensuring income and all relevant information is recorded accurately on the finance system and on Raisers’ Edge
· Processing all income streams to Raisers’ Edge, cashbook and the finance system, ensuring reconciliation to bank statements and maintaining integrity of all business systems
· Assisting with processing expenditure and payments to the finance system
· Assisting in the preparation of period and annual accounts and other regular reports
· Liaising with and providing financial guidance to colleagues in other departments and developing and sustaining a positive working relationship with all internal and external customers
This is a great opportunity to work for a national UK charity. You will need a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a busy finance department, with experience of using an accounting system for processing income and expenditure, including payments and reporting.
You will have excellent IT skills, including Excel, excellent numeracy skills and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate with people at all levels is essential.
Strong organisational and planning skills and the ability to work calmly under pressure are also required.
To apply, send your CV and supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org or Eleanor Hughes, Myeloma UK, 22 Logie Mill, Beaverbank Business Park, Edinburgh EH7 4HG.
Applications close at 12.00 on Monday 25 February 2019 and interviews will be held on Tuesday 5 March 2019.