This is an exciting opportunity to apply for a Service Manager post in the Home Care service based in Campbeltown.
Carr Gomm is one of Scotland’s leading social care organisations. Everything we do is shaped by our core values
of choice, control, interdependence, openness & honesty, and respect. We are a registered charity and
voluntary organisation: we put people first, not profits.
The Service Manager will manage the support arrangements to be person-centred and consistent; manage and support team
members; and liaise with relatives and other agencies. The role also involves maintaining financial viability of
the service, service development and contributing to the local management team. The successful applicant will be
able to promote Carr Gomm’s values and policies in all aspects of the role.
- Able to understand and pass complex information to people with different levels of understanding including people we support, their family and other professionals in a clear and concise manner
- Experience of providing direct support on a one to one basis with a person-centred approach
- A ‘people person’ who can build positive relationships with others – based on mutual respect and understanding – regardless of age, background or support needs
- Experience of managing support arrangements including support agreements/plans and risk assessments
- Experience of managing people including planning staff rotas to deliver a service
- SVQ4 in Health and Social Care or equivalent or willingness to undertake within the required time period
- You will have an understanding of developing support plans and risk assessments and putting these into practice. Good written and verbal communication skills required.
If you would like any further information about the role please contact Michael in HR, on 0131 659 4781
To apply, please see our website.
Closing Date: Noon. Monday, 18th February 2019