STAND International is embarking upon a period of growth and development with a new vision for local community
services linked to our Strategic Business Plan. This is your opportunity to work for an organisation that plays
a significant influential role in shaping young people’s personal, social development.
The charity is recruiting a Business Development Manager to be responsible for establishing robust fundraising
practices which will ensure a strategic fundraising for the future. You will lead on key aspects of fundraising,
with a focus on trusts and foundations and corporate support.
You will identify, generate and grow charitable income to underpin both STAND International’s work in Scotland and
several of its partner organisations by managing a portfolio of funders and prospects, creatively stewarding
existing relationships and maximising opportunities for giving.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated and enthusiastic with excellent community fundraising experience,
able to win and retain supporters and to hit the ground running. This role may be suitable for flexible
• Drive the delivery of the significant fundraising targets by securing funding from a portfolio of funders.
• Manage a pipeline of funders at different stages of the giving cycle aligned to STAND International’s projects,
core activities and strategic objectives.
• Lead on researching and writing compelling and persuasive funding bids. Ensure funding bid deadlines, reporting and
stewardship schedules are adhered to and that donors are thanked in a timely manner.
• Annual fundraising targets are met/exceeded
• Donors feel valued and respected
• Current projects are funded for the future
• New projects are in the pipeline for additional services and enhancements
• New donors and funders are attracted to the organisation
• Institute of Fundraising Best Practice Guidance and Regulations are maintained
- Identify, and generate income from trusts and foundations with the potential to give between £10,000 and
£100,000 per annum and meet agreed targets
- Carry out in-depth research to ensure the most suitable
trusts are prioritised
- Prepare, write and submit high quality funding applications
- Meet with
trusts and effectively present the charity’s achievements and their vision for the future
relationships with potential funders and ensure they remain engaged with our client’s cause
- Prepare and
submit an agreed number of high-quality proposals, in line with the requirements of potential
- Ensure a strong donor pipeline is maintained by tracking and planning cultivation activities,
applications and forecasted income
- Develop and deliver an annual activity calendar for the trust
fundraising programme, including key pitches and progress reports
- Ensure reporting requirements with
existing funders are met
- Support social media around fundraising activities
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience fundraising or equivalent
- Excellent communication and presentation
- A proven track record of securing significant gifts (six-figure sums and above) from trusts and
- Experience of researching and identifying new funding
- Self-motivated, results–driven and commercially aware, you're equally at home
collaborating with others or working autonomously.
- An ability to work independently and collaboratively
to achieve fundraising targets
- Be a confident, ambitious, creative and enthusiastic fundraiser at the
forefront of research, relationship-building and the solicitation of gifts.
- Experience of building and
developing effective donor relationships.
- Drive, enthusiasm and determination to deliver against
- An understanding of funders’ needs, and how to meet these needs through thorough and relevant
research, and creating compelling applications for support
- Experience of working with corporate partners
to generate charity funds
- Proactive work ethic and self-motivating
- Experience of taking a
project from idea to completion
- Sound time management with ability work to deadlines and prioritise work
- Strong motivation to advocate for our clients and services.
- Genuine enthusiasm for
improving the lives of our service users and their families.
- Ability to work on a variety of tasks at
any one time
- Clear evidence of researching and writing of successful applications to a wide range of
Trusts & Foundations/ grant giving bodies
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to
summarise complex information with clarity, brevity and speed.
- High degree of personal flexibility to
accommodate a varying workload with the ability to work outside prescribed hours on occasion.
• A keen interest in and understanding of STAND International’s and a passionate belief in our vision and
• Member of the Institute of Fundraising.
• A current driving license valid for driving in the UK.