This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate and experienced communications professional to join the Scottish
Green Group in Parliament. You will work as part of the central team that supports the work of the Green MSPs in
Parliament and is responsible for communications to promote our work to the media, supporters and the public.
This is a fast-paced, challenging and rewarding role that will put you at the heart of our efforts to create a
fairer, greener Scotland.
Duties and responsibilities
- Deliver the Scottish Greens’ media communications and build the media profile of our parliamentary
- Manage and promote the media profile of the Scottish Green MSPs
- Support campaign
development and delivery to ensure our parliamentary campaigns get the profile and public traction they need to
- Draft press releases, answer and deal with media enquiries, organise broadcast interviews, draft
briefing notes, letters and articles.
- Monitor Press Association wires and social media for current and
relevant media stories
- Out-of-hours media cover (on a rotational basis with other
- Contribute to the management of and produce content for social media and MSP websites,
newsletters and emails
- Build a broad range of contacts within the press, broadcast and online
- Identify new opportunities to communicate the work of the Green MSPs to
- Assist with the development and delivery of Green MSPs’ campaign
- Accompany MSPs at media events and/or represent MSPs if requested
- Liaise with
officers of the Scottish Green Party on national communications priorities
- Other reasonable and
appropriate duties as required
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Significant experience working with or in the Scottish media
- Proactive and driven, motivated by a desire
to have an impact
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
knowledge of Scottish Politics and the Parliament
- Able to work under pressure to tight
- A team player
- Experience of political, campaigning, parliamentary and/or public affairs work
- Experience managing and delivering social media communications in a political and/or campaigning context.
Please email a cover letter and CV to Gordon.Crawford@Parliament.scot by 12:00 Wednesday 13 February. You should
ensure you demonstrate how you meet the person specification as set out above in your application.
Interviews will take place during the week of Monday 18 February.
For an informal discussion about this role, please call Harry Huyton, Director of Political Strategy, on 0131 348