SOEC is looking for experienced and dedicated Senior Tutors to organise and manage the delivery of outdoor learning experiences for the groups visiting our Centres. We are looking to recruit for year round permanent members of the Centre teams.
The Senior Tutor is a key member staff and works alongside our Centre Manager and Lead Tutor teams to plan, deliver and support staff in the development and delivery of residential programmes.
Senior Tutors are responsible for the development and support of staff and for maintaining professional standards. They also provide leadership and advice, liaise with customer groups and deputise for the Centre Manager when required.
The post can be undertaken on either a residential or non-residential basis but as a residential outdoor learning centre there will be some evening and weekend work as well as taking on the role of overnight contact person on a rota basis.
Although we are looking for permanent, full time members of staff we are open to discussion if you think you may be able to undertake the role on a shorter contract or freelance basis.
In all cases we are looking for someone with:
· a relevant degree preferably in outdoor learning, environmental education, teaching or youth work
· 3-5 years’ experience working on a range of outdoor programmes with clear outdoor learning outcomes
· relevant NGBs
· driving licence – preferably with D1+E
· proven experience of supervising staff in a residential/outdoor Centre setting
· additional skills, such as experience of working with ASN groups and young people
· excellent organisational skills and the ability to create a motivated team of staff to create inspirational outdoor learning experiences for young people
The successful candidate will require to be registered on the PVG scheme.
Please get in touch if you would like further information or would like to have an informal chat with the Manager about the role.
Start date – We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible and would encourage early applications. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis so please submit as soon as possible.