The community-led SHRUB Co-op invites applications for Circular Economy Programme Coordinator of our Zero Waste
Edinburgh project - set in the heart of Scotland’s capital. The role is a part of our Zero Waste Edinburgh
The team will work alongside our Climate Challenge Fund funded project staff running to end of March 2020 and are
challenged with transforming the habits of the community to reduce local and global carbon emissions and
re-skill people with capacity to repair and upcycle.
The main purpose and activities of the Circular Economy Programme Coordinator post are:
- To coordinate the overall delivery of the workshops and collections activities of the project, including a suite
of engagements and events for Material Matters Event Cycles, both at SHRUB and in partnership with schools and
university accommodation services.
- To support the Material Matters Research Teams and Events and Project
Coordination volunteers with the aim of developing a circular economy within the community.
- To establish
new end-of-term community collections and related outreach and engagement activities with the local permanent
and student community, in partnership with City of Edinburgh Council and local organisations.
- To oversee
SHRUB Space workshop space with volunteers.
Successful applicants must have experience and skills in the following areas:
- Managing teams of volunteers - experienced in how to delegate to and empower them
- Educated to HNC / HND,
plus 2 years relevant work experience - or equivalent
- Able to engage effectively with internal /
external stakeholders to solve problems
- Strong communication and teamwork skills for a fast-paced
- Experience of organising events and project management skills
- Able to work
on own initiative and organise own time / workload
- Full proficiency with Google Accounts and familiar
with Microsoft Office e.g. Excel
- High level of empathy and respect for people with different backgrounds
and ability to use inclusive, non-stigmatising and respectful ways of communication
This is a fixed term contract until March 2020, working on the Zero Waste Edinburgh project.
The Zero Waste Edinburgh project is funded through the Resource Efficient Circular Economy Accelerator Programme
Fund, which is administered by Zero Waste Scotland on behalf of the Scottish Government. This is part-funded by
the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
For further details including the application pack please see our website here:
The closing date for applications: 11pm on 20/02/2019
Proposed date for interviews: 28/02/2019
Please visit our website for further information about SHRUB shrubcoop.org