There is now the opportunity for two part time Trainer/Assessors working out of our Glasgow HQ.
The Trainer/Assessor is responsible for the delivery and/or assessment of all Association first aid and related courses.
Travel to other venues required.
Weekend and evening work required.
Driving licence required.
Main duties and responsibilities
· To deliver training courses and conduct assessments to a consistent and fair standard in accordance with St Andrew’s First Aid requirements.
· To maintain current competence and continuous personal development, in accordance with the St Andrew’s First Aid Training standards.
· To work with permanent staff, casual workers and volunteers to maintain a high standard of training and assessing.
· Accurate completion and prompt submission of all relevant course documentation.
· To arrive in good time, to prepare the training room and greet students.
· To liaise, on arrival, with client company contacts to ensure the smooth running of the course.
· To work within St Andrew’s First Aid health and safety, training and other policies and procedures as implemented within the organisation.
· To pilot new initiatives in training when required.
· To act as a point of contact for first aid advice.
· To maintain a high standard of training and delivery equipment. Report any faults or damage to equipment through the required processes when they occur.
· To ensure that all equipment used is cleaned and stored in accordance with procedures.
· To be responsible for custody, maintenance and transport of personal equipment.
· To perform any other duties commensurate with these responsibilities, the grade of the post and skill and qualifications of the post-holder, and from time-to-time, the reasonable requirements of the Senior Trainer.
A basic disclosure will be required for this post.
To download an application pack please visit our website
The closing date for this position is 5.00pm on Friday 15th February 2019. Interviews will be held shortly thereafter in our Headquarters in Glasgow.