Forth Environment Link (FEL) is a Scottish environmental charity leading the way on connecting people and place. FEL supports more day to day journeys on foot or by bike; encourages more local food to be grown and eaten in our communities; and helps increase the lifespan of our everyday items.
The following values underpin our activity as an organisation:
· People first- Investing in our team to ensure we can provide tailored support where it is needed most.
· Enabling – Delivering activity in a way that is practical, easy to understand and accessible to everyone.
· Collaborative - Ensuring we work in partnership to add value where we can.
· Innovative - Testing and developing new ideas and being a catalyst for change.
· Passionate – Demonstrating a love for the environment and our place within it in everything we do.
· Fair – Working in a way that is inclusive and reflects the needs of the people and communities we work with.
Our strategic approach reflects our ambition as an organisation and recognises the role third sector will perform in delivering national outcomes at a local and regional level.
About the Project
Forth Environment Link’s (FEL) Falkirk Active Travel Hub aims to promote and increase cycling and walking for day to day journeys. Based in Falkirk High Street, the Hub provides: information and resources on cycling and walking; advice on low carbon travel options; information on and access to relevant training; partnership support and signposting to events in the local community designed to increase active travel.
About the Role
This new role will work as part of Forth Environment Link’s Active Travel team to deliver dedicated support to the pupils of Lornshill Academy, Alloa, to improve awareness of active travel choices and foster an active travel culture within the school. The project will be delivered equally between Falkirk Active Travel Hub and Lornshill Academy, where a targeted programme of engagement and activities will be delivered throughout the academic year.
You will work closely with Lornshill Academy teaching staff and pupils to identify opportunities to support and encourage more active travel journeys, ensuring that the initiative engages and informs pupils in a learning and lifestyle context.
You will be an ambassador for active travel in the community, working closely with key local stakeholders to provide cycling, walking and public transport related information and services to staff and pupils. You will develop and deliver ‘in-school’ educational programmes which will engage, encourage and support pupils to consider more environmentally friendly and physically active modes of transport contributing to health, education and attainment outcomes.
We are looking for someone who:
· Is passionate about active travel, sustainability and the environment
· Is motivated and proactive
· Has excellent organisational skills
· With customer service experience
· And, experience working in Active Travel Initiatives
The Closing Date for applications is Midday on Tuesday 19th February 2019
Please not CVs will not be accepted as a means of application
Interviews will be held on
To apply please go to: forthenvironmentlink.org/latest-news/active-travel-vacancies
Forth Environment Link is a registered company with charitable status.
Company No. 286 723|Scottish Charity No. SCO 019 276