We have a vacancy for 2 Full Time Lead Practitioners, based in Edinburgh for a fixed term of 12 months.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives.
- Lead a small number of teams delivering person centred support to a wide range of people living in their own
- Work alongside people we support to plan and create great support plans focused on what really
matters to them.
- Support teams to think creatively about all aspects of working with the people we work
alongside so they have great lives.
- Be able to provide teams with strong leadership which motivates and
delivers your passion for really high standards of support. You’ll be able to provide effective coaching and
also to give strong direction when required.
- Set up new services and support the creative use of
personal budgets to support people to have great lives.
- Provide individual supervision to your staff,
facilitate regular Practice Development Group meetings, and set clear objectives for all your
- Have 3 years’ experience in supporting people with disabilities, working in a person centred way,
facilitating groups and ideally managing teams, together with excellent organisational and IT skills.
In return we can offer you the following:
- A highly attractive work environment in our brand new, award winning offices.
- Structured support and
supervision from your line manager and a supportive team of peers.
- A structured development programme
including support to achieve a professional qualification if required and ongoing development with our internal
leadership development programme.
Some of our other staff benefits include…..
- a contributory pension
- childcare voucher scheme
- The “Refer a Friend Scheme” which pays £150 for
every successfully recruited person that a staff member recommends.
- Free access to the Thistle
- FREE membership* of the HSF Health Plan which gives, amongst other things,
- money back for
everyday healthcare costs,
- a GP advice line,
- shopping discounts.
*This membership can be extended to cover immediate family members after completion of a satisfactory probationary
A driving licence is essential for this role.
Thistle Foundation is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Successful applicants will be subject to a PVG check, which will be paid for by Thistle.
For an informal chat about this vacancy please contact Jackie Deans, Lynn Spence or Andrew Smith or 0131 661
Please apply online at thistle.org.uk/work-with-us/other-vacancies
Please note that CVs will not be accepted as an Application.
Closing date: Sunday 24th February