West area: Oban Lorn and Isles, Mid Argyll and Kintyre 17.5 hours per week based in Lochgilphead/Oban
East area: Helensburgh & Lomond, Cowal & Bute 35 hours per week based in Helensburgh
Post holders will be required to travel efficiently and effectively to meet operational needs and will work mainly at outreach locations.
• On a rolling basis, promote volunteer adviser opportunity through publicity, talks, liaison with other organisations
• Prepare & send out application packs and co-ordinate interviews
• Work with the bureau manager to select suitable candidates, obtain references and carry out induction
• Organise the training programmes
• In co-operation with other staff, develop and ensure delivery of the bureau based training
• Provide support, assessment, guidance, monitoring and review of volunteer advisers’ progress in line with CAS requirements for the progression through the competency programme.
• Ensure that on-going training is identified and flagged to the bureau manager.
• Ensure that all volunteers receive the support and supervision required
• Supervise advice sessions rotationally, provide support to volunteer advisers in the delivery of advice work
• Ensure that research, telephone calls and correspondence relating to casework is progressed timeously
• Ensure that all advice work is recorded appropriately on the electronic case recording system
• Develop and maintain outreach working timetable across whole area including islands.
• Ensure that advisers and clients have access to video conferencing facilities, skype or interview rooms as appropriate for confidential advice sessions to take place.
• Personally deliver a minimum of 6 hours of advice sessions per week.
• Build and maintain partnership working with other agencies to enable successful establishment of pop-up/outreach advice locations.
• Assist the bureau manager with delivery of a range of promotional tools and calendar of activities delivered.
• Develop support materials to assist staff/volunteers with the use of video conferencing and skype for business delivery of advice.
An application pack is available for download below.
Closing date for applications is Friday 25th January 2019
Interviews on Friday 1st February 2019
Application Pack to: