As part of the Database team, you will have the ability to multi-task efficiently while maintaining a high level of accuracy. The post-holder will be responsible for updating biographical and educational data and data cleansing in The Raiser’s Edge our web systems, and will assist in maintaining an audit trail of donations received.
The role holder will possess strong IT skills, proven experience in very high volume data entry and using and reporting from relational databases, you will be a self-motivated, flexible, team player with a methodical approach to work tasks, excellent data entry, accuracy, time management and communication skills. Knowledge of the fundraising environment and The Raiser’s Edge would be an advantage. Some of the duties will include
Key duties and responsibilities:
• Data - Under the guidance of the Database Manager, be responsible for the maintenance of the existing data, carrying out regular checks on data integrity and quality, updating and adding new data from other internal/external sources.
• Assist the Database Manager with the production of database outputs as and when required: i.e., mailing lists, reports, statistics, etc. Tasks are cyclical in nature, with periods of very high volume, repetitive data entry.
• Under the guidance of the Database Manager deliver regular training and maintain in-house policies and procedures which outline the standard database processes and ensure users are familiar with these procedures.
• Gift management - Under the guidance of the Database Manager, and working closely with the Fundraising Administrator, support gift administration. This will include recording donations and reconciling bank statements.
• Regular Giving Campaigns - Under the guidance of the Database Manager, and working closely with the Development Officer (Regular Giving), prepare and analyse data to help administer campaigns.
• Help to update and create content on the university CMS and Watt Club Connect. Help us to analyse and improve social media engagement
• Adhere to relevant University and legislative regulations associated with data protection, storage and use.
• Contribute to the on-going review of department procedures, to make them more efficient and effective.
• Assist the Prospect Research function to produce briefings and profiles from the database to help manage events and meetings.
• Provide clerical support to members of Development and Alumni Relations office when necessary including: diary management; arranging meetings; organising catering and booking venues; arranging audio visual support.
• Administrative support of communications to alumni and alumni activity. Typical tasks involve building database queries, creating reports, preparing data, sending mass emails and producing and formatting data files to prepare mass emails
and event invitations from The Raiser’s Edge.
This role does not meet the minimum requirements set by UKVI to enable sponsorship of non-European nationals. Therefore we cannot progress applications from candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK. For further information on this please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website: gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/work-visas
For application details and further information please go to: hw.ac.uk/apply-jobs
Ref: IRC20570 Closing Date: 11th January 2019