The Royal College of General Practitioners is the largest membership organisation solely for GPs in the United Kingdom. Founded in 1952, it has over 52,000 members who are committed to improving patient care, developing their own skills and promoting general practice as a discipline. General practice is the largest branch of the medical profession. It provides some one million consultations for patients in the UK every working day and deals with 86% of the health problems experienced by the UK population.
The Projects Officer will be responsible for developing and managing a range of projects, initiatives and continuing professional development (CPD) activities that will contribute to the professional development of General Practitioners, support changes to the health agenda and improve the quality of patient care in Scotland.
Educated to HND level or equivalent, your day-to-day focus will be:
• Managing the successful delivery of outcomes of a range of projects, initiatives, events and activities simultaneously to a high standard, working with the Projects and Initiatives Team Manager to ensure the budgets for each activity are managed effectively.
• Developing high quality project proposals and business cases to seek funding that could lead to the establishment of new costed and viable projects. This includes devising budget income and expenditure and ensuring that any funded project meet the terms of the offer of grant, including regular progress and finance updates and forecasting.
• Engaging with internal and external stakeholders to build strong working relationships and represent RCGP Scotland. Effectively communicate the key deliverables and outcomes of projects effectively with internal Officers, UK Colleagues and external stakeholders to raise the profile of the work done in RCGP Scotland.
• In the absence of the Projects and Initiatives Team Manager, provide support to other team members, leading them to successfully deliver their objectives and providing mentoring and line management support.
• Be an interested and positive member of staff within RCGP, working closely with others to ensure that the College in Scotland is seen to be the responsive, courteous, credible and efficient organisation it is, both by its members and other key audiences.
To do that effectively, applicants should have proven project management experience and excellent time management and prioritisation skills to deliver a range of successful initiatives and activities. You’ll also have strong communication skills – written and verbal - experience of setting and managing budgets, marketing and an excellent understanding of general practice, primary care and the health care agenda.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, able to work methodically and on own initiative to deliver a range of activities with competing demands, make decisions and respond to changing needs.
The successful candidate will share our corporate values. In return, the College offers excellent terms and conditions.
To apply please upload your CV and cover letter via the RCGP careers page, rcgp.org.uk/work-at-rcgp/internal-vacancies-at-rcgp.aspx
Close date: 5.00pm on 21st January 2019
Interview date: 1st February 2019
The Royal College of General Practitioners is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
~ Great doctors great care ~