£6028.75 per annum
Monday and Tuesday 9.30am-4pm each day
We are looking for a person to join our team and provide one-to-one support with a man with learning difficulties to help him be included in ordinary life. Your work will involve you providing tailored support based on the persons, and families, wishes and desires also ensuring that the needs of the person are being met positively on a daily basis. The day will involve supporting the person to access and attend educational and leisure opportunities, develop and maintain friendships for the person and also develop volunteer and work opportunities in the community.
The successful candidate for the role will need to have the following qualities.
• Be able to work as part of a small team.
• Be able to demonstrate compassion, empathy and enjoy working with people.
• Have excellent communication and motivation skills.
• Be creative and have the ability to develop new opportunities for people whilst promoting choices.
• Have the ability to commit to the organisations ethos of person centred support and ensuring each person is treated as an individual.
• SVQ 3 qualification opportunities.
• Contributory company pension scheme.
• Training and development opportunities.
• Working as part of a small, well established and respected organisation.
• 32 days paid annual leave per year. (Part-time positions are pro-rata).
• Daytime week day working.
• Staff supervision and support.
(possibly leading to permanent)
£8.75 per hour
Various daytime hours Monday to Friday
Car driver not essential but desirable for certain posts
and the ability to use own car is also desirable
We are looking for people to provide one-to-one support to men and women with learning difficulties to help them be included in ordinary life. You would work with the person helping them to access educational, social, leisure and work opportunities in the community throughout the Edinburgh area.
• Optional contributory pension scheme
• Ongoing support, training and development opportunities
• Daytime Monday to Friday working (Between the hours of 8am and 5pm)
• Working for a well-established small organisation where person-centred values are at the core
A satisfactory PVG disclosure check is required for this post.
Please contact below for further information and an application pack.
Telephone 0131 477 6501 9am-5pm Monday to Friday
Closing date 21st December 2018
Office C, 2 Quayside Mills, Quayside Street, Edinburgh, EH6 6EX
This post is exempt under section 7(2)(e) of the Sex Discrimination Act.
Registered Charity No SCO226880.