Tiphereth Supported Living Service are looking for a motivated and experienced support worker to join our team. The successful candidate will have extensive practice experience in working with people who have Autism. As well as a proven track record in developing and implementing positive behaviour support strategies.
The post will require the successful candidate to develop and lead a small team of co-workers in providing consistent, robust and committed support to a member of our community through demonstrating best practice. This is a great opportunity to be part of a new team supporting this man, where every member will become a specialist in him!
Ideally you will:-
• Have extensive experience of supporting people with Autism
• Have experience in challenging behaviour/Behavioural Support
• Ability to lead a small team to ensure consistent approach is maintained
• Be able to be innovative with a can do attitude
• Enjoy the outdoors, having fun and be self-motivated
• Be able to be a supporter to members, even when things are difficult
• Confident and able to think on your feet
• Flexible and able to respond to change
• Someone who is resilient and believes in people
• Able to build a positive relationship with members and his family
• Have the ability to work on your own initiative and consistently as part of a team
• Have excellent communication skills with IT skills
• Patient and able to show empathy
• Passionate and dedicated
• Able to do shift work including weekends, evenings and some bank holidays.
These contracts require full flexibility, the majority being from 4.00pm to 10.00pm during Monday to Fridays, and throughout the day at weekends (not every weekend) .Sleepovers are not a requirement of this role.
Please complete both the attached application form and values statement paying particular attention to the person specification. Please send your completed application pack to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please visit our website
Please note that CV's will not be considered.
Tiphereth is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sectors of the community. This post is subject to Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme registration.
We will be happy to accept applications beyond the closing date.