Do you have what it takes to make a difference?
Would you like to do something different next Monday morning? To forget the never-ending 9-5 and make a real difference to every day?
Well this may be the opportunity you have been looking for.....
ENABLE Scotland is a dynamic and vibrant organisation dedicated to improving the lives of people with learning disabilities and we have an exciting opportunity for a Project Coordinator to join our award-winning ENABLE Works team.
If successful you will be responsible for working with leaders in Glasgow's growth sectors to identify the barriers to their recruitment and retention of disabled people and people from a minority ethnic background. The aim of this project is to improve employment opportunities for people of an ethnic minority whom have a learning disability or Autistic Spectrum Disorder across the Glasgow city region.
As Project Coordinator you will be responsible for developing new forms of outreach to BME communities across the city, sharing our learning using differing languages, strategically partnering with BME organisations and engaging disabled people and their families to improve pathways into employment in Glasgow.
You will also take a lead role in establishing and delivering a peer support model in Glasgow, aimed at engaging families and people who have learning disabilities from an ethnic minority background.
Sound good so far?
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate the following:
* A commitment to support people from a BME background who have disabilities to get the jobs they want
* Extensive presentation and facilitation skills with the ability to build networks through effective business development
* Understanding of BME employability services and methodologies with extensive knowledge of the local area and community assets
* The ability to adapt communication style in order to engage with a wide range of people including internal and external stakeholders.
* Ability to conduct comprehensive training needs analyses and design appropriate interventions as a result
What's also great about ENABLE Scotland is that we believe in developing all our staff and provide an extensive training programme, combined with a commitment to create career development opportunities.
Remember this is #morethanajob - it's the first step to you making a difference and starting your career with an award winning charity with its values at its core.
Applicants from a BME background are encouraged to apply.
For further information and to apply click HERE
Closing date 12/12/2018