We’re looking for a Development Officer to work with our network of current branches and services to develop, coordinate and support the delivery of new volunteering opportunities and peer support groups across Grampian.
If you have strong knowledge and experience of recruiting, training and supporting volunteers, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work autonomously using your own initiative in a well organised manner? Then we look forward to hearing from you.
About the role
As a Development Officer you will work closely across teams within Versus Arthritis supporting our Living Well programme and young people and families service team. You will be first point of contact for referrals from key partners and work collaboratively and through development of locally based activities. This role raises awareness of the impact of arthritis; supporting people of all age and specifically those of working age to live well with their condition.
You will establish pathways for specialist support to:
· enable people with arthritis to access the support they need to manage their condition
· help people to remain in employment or seek support to regain employment
· work with key local partners across health, third sector and with employers to enable people to access self-management information and advice.
Supporting change for people will mean they feel engaged and informed, less isolated, know how to take control of their condition and access support to live well with their arthritis.
Our ideal candidate will be able to:
· develop networks and build excellent working relationships and partnerships with local organisations across voluntary, statutory and private sectors, to maximize reach to people with arthritis and embed services locally.
· work autonomously and have experience of self-management principles for supporting people with long term conditions
· have knowledge of working with and supporting volunteer led activities.
Download the full pack at: arthritisresearchuk.org/about-us/work-for-us/our-current-vacancies.aspx
To apply you MUST submit:
1. Completed application form, clearly demonstrating how you meet the key requirements and competencies set out in the job description and person specification (Word KB)
Email your completed application by midnight on Sunday 25 November to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: by midnight on Sunday 25 November
Interviews expected: Wednesday 5 December, Aberdeen
Arthritis causes pain, fatigue and isolation for 10 million people in the UK every single day. It can impact on the ability to work, our relationships and take away our independence. We don’t accept this.
We are Versus Arthritis. We are volunteers, healthcare professionals, researchers and friends, all doing everything we can to push back against arthritis. We’re reaching out to everybody with the information and support they need, funding vital research and changing the way society sees arthritis. Together we’ll keep running, researching, inﬂuencing, volunteering, advising, chatting, baking, listening. We won’t stop until no-one has to tolerate living with the pain, fatigue and isolation of arthritis.
Join us and use your skills, knowledge, passion and energy to help us defy arthritis.
Read more about what we do, working for us and what we offer arthritisresearchuk.org
Promoting Equality in the workplace
Versus Arthritis is a Registered Charity No: 207711 and in Scotland No. SC041156