To stimulate and develop the understanding and practice of mission and discipleship in the congregations of Buchan
- To develop and maintain good contacts with congregations as well as encouraging networking and the building of
relationships with other organisations.
- To provide support to congregations and presbytery, as
appropriate, in helping them formulate effective mission and discipleship, pastoral care, community engagement
and outreach strategies. This will be achieved through networking, events, facilitation, resource provision and
other appropriate methods. This will include a focus on meeting the spiritual and social needs of children and
- To organise and deliver training, conferences and other events as appropriate to support
and develop the mission and discipleship work of the congregations - including responding to new housing
developments in Buchan and following up Local Church Review reports.
- To create appropriate mission and
evangelism resources and signpost relevant resources to congregations.
- To develop and support
appropriate networks for delivery of Presbytery strategies. This will include working with
- To encourage theological thinking and reflection on mission and discipleship.
out any other reasonable duties which may be assigned by the Presbytery.
- Contribute to the Ministries
Council appraisal process.
For further information about this post, please download the Job Description below.
Please visit our website
Further information can be obtained from Sheila Kirk, Presbytery Clerk: Buchan@churchofscotland.org.uk
Closing date: 12 noon Monday, 26th November 2018