Location: FEL’s Stirling Office: Balallan House, 24 Allan Park, Stirling, FK8 2QG; some travel between and around the participating areas will be required as part of this role; remote working from home will also be considered
Forth Environment Link (FEL) is a Scottish environmental charity leading the way on connecting people and place. FEL supports more day to day journeys on foot or by bike; encourages more local food to be grown and eaten in our communities; and helps increase the lifespan of our everyday items.
The following values underpin our activity as an organisation:
· People first - Investing in our team to ensure we can provide tailored support where it is needed most.
· Enabling – Delivering activity in a way that is practical, easy to understand and accessible to everyone.
· Collaborative - Ensuring we work in partnership to add value where we can.
· Innovative - Testing and developing new ideas and being a catalyst for change.
· Passionate – Demonstrating a love for the environment and our place within it in everything we do.
· Fair – Working in a way that is inclusive and reflects the needs of the people and communities we work with.
Our strategic approach reflects our ambition as an organisation and recognises the role third sector will perform in delivering national outcomes at a local and regional level.
About the Project
Forth Environment Link is looking for a dynamic team to work as part of a LEADER co-operation funded project. We are recruiting both a Coordinator and an Officer, to deliver this exciting new local food initiative. FEL is funded by Forth Valley & Lomond, Perth & Kinross, Fife, and Scottish Borders LEADER Programmes in partnership with The European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development to support and enable communities to develop and run their own online local food markets. The project will also organise and facilitate producer & host network meetings across participating regions, deliver training sessions and organise an annual network gathering.
This project utilises the Neighbourfood Platform, formerly The Food Assembly.
About the Role
Working as part of the Regional Online Local Food Markets team, you will be responsible for coordinating and delivering the project in participating regions, supporting communities to start and run their own online Local Food Market. Coordinate and deliver cascade training to online food market communities, organise and facilitate producer networks and meetings across participating regions, support a network of community online local food market hosts, organise yearly Scottish Gatherings. Coordinate the marketing and PR for the project, the budget and to monitor and evaluate sales and project outcomes.
This post is a full time position, working 35 hours per week, fixed term until 1st November 2020
We are looking for someone who:
· Is passionate about the environment and local food systems
· Is motivated and proactive
· Has excellent organisational skills
· With management experience
· And, experience working with local community food initiatives and or local food producers
The Closing Date for applications is 5pm, Wednesday 21st November 2018
Please not CVs will not be accepted as a means of application
Interviews will be held on Week Commencing Monday 3rd December 2018
To apply please go to: forthenvironmentlink.org/about-us/vacancies
Forth Environment Link is a registered company with charitable status.
Company No. 286 723|Scottish Charity No. SCO 019 276