In the role of Personal Assistant, you’ll enable the employer, a sociable and intelligent young man, who has a physical disability and uses powered-wheelchair, to pursue his interests and live independently.
• Assist him to eat, drink, and prepare food.
• Assist him to brush his hair, his teeth, and deal with basic hygiene.
• Drive his adapted, wheelchair-accessible van.
• Assist him to attend various social and leisure activities.
• Assist him with domestic tasks, errands, and administrative matters.
• Assist him in and out of bed by use of a ceiling hoist when he feels tired.
• Assist him to use his ventilator when he feels breathless.
Skills and experience
• Excellent communication and conversational skills.
• Understanding, patience, and enthusiasm.
• Experience helping someone with a disability.
• Driving licence and PVG check is essential.
To apply for this position, send your completed application form or CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job reference CG OH.
Please state on your application whether you are interested in full time or part time hours.