In this role, you will provide personal assistance to the employer, a young man with a physical disability, who is a wheelchair-user. This is to enable the employer to pursue their interests and live as independently as possible. Hours of work include 1pm to 6pm on Sundays with additional shifts available if desired.
• Assist the employer to eat, drink and prepare food.
• Assist the employer with brushing hair, teeth and basic hygiene.
• Drive the employer’s wheelchair-accessible vehicle.
• Assist the employer to attend various social and leisure activities.
• Assist the employer with domestic tasks, errands and administrative matters.
Skills and Experience
• Excellent communication skills and enthusiasm is essential.
• Understanding and patient attitude is essential.
• Previous experience supporting someone with a disability is essential.
• Full driving license, valid in the UK, is essential.
• Candidate will undergo a Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) check.
To apply for this position, send your completed application form or CV by email to email@example.com, quoting job reference CG OH.